What’s in a name?
Our name is derived from cycling and is used to describe the principle of surrounding the key rider with experts, whom together perform faster than any one individual. This enables the key rider to perform far better than if they were on their own.
Our clients are the key riders; we are The Peloton.
Who are The Peloton
The Peloton is a dynamic accountancy and marketing firm. We are:
• Innovative – we’re revolutionising the approach to accountancy
• Highly skilled
We are not a traditional stuffy firm, we embrace new technology and are continually looking for innovative ways in which we can streamline our processes and our clients’.
We view making tax digital as a massive opportunity, it will help us develop our advisory service and enable us add great value to all of our clients.
Payroll – our clients are at the centre of all we do and they couldn’t function without their staff. Within our payroll department we are continually looking for ways to make the client experience easier with greater functionality. There’s a lot of client interaction and this can be incredibly rewarding. The role will include:
• Using cloud based software, Paycircle, complete client’s payroll accurately and on time;
• Processing of starters, leavers, statutory payment calculations and dealing with pension providers;
• Liaising with clients in all matters regarding payroll, including dealing with queries;
• Continue to implement a streamlined and efficient payroll service;
• Support the business in payroll in the absence of the Payroll Manager.
Bookkeeping – is the lynchpin to all of the services that The Peloton provides, without bookkeeping everything else falls down! Good bookkeeping enables us to have unrivalled insight into numerous businesses and helps us provide critical information to key management that shapes their decisions – it’s fundamental to the accountancy profession. The role will include:
• Using cloud-based software, primarily Xero, to process our clients’ bookkeeping;
• Using related apps that integrate with Xero in order to streamline processes;
• Liaise with clients directly to source records and clarify queries;
• Assist in ensuring key deadlines are met, including VAT returns;
• Preparation of basic management reports, derived from bookkeeping data;
• Support the business in bookkeeping in the absence of the Bookkeeping Manager.
The Ideal Peloton Team Member
• Meticulous in their approach to work, with a keen eye for detail;
• Open to change and able to adapt to new technology and processes;
• Not afraid to raise queries or work with the team to overcome job/task challenges;
• Great with people, in person, over the phone and via email;
• Someone who builds rapport with clients and team members easily;
• Keen to develop already established skills and not afraid to learn new ones;
• Able to manage own workload and comfortable with the level of responsibility this entails;
• Qualified by experience and or relevant payroll/bookkeeping qualifications.
Don’t be afraid if you don’t tick every box, we are pretty friendly and it would be great to hear from you regardless.
What The Peloton will Provide
Salary: Competitive salary based on experience.
Training support: Consideration of relevant professional qualifications
Office: A beautiful modern working environment with access to the best desks, chairs, computers and technology. The Peloton invests in the best for all our team players so that they, in turn, can perform at their best
Team: You will be surrounded by the most amazing and supportive team
Lunch: A sit-down lunch every day cooked for you by the team (subsidised)
Holiday: 25 days holiday + bank holidays
Take the plunge, be different. We sit down together and eat a freshly cooked meal every day. Come and deliver your CV by hand at lunchtime. You’ll get a firm handshake, a warm welcome and a hearty meal. What better way to see if you like how we work.
Oh, and leave the suit and tie at home.
To apply for this position online click the button below…