New Government grants for retail, hospitality and leisure sectors
- Any business in the retail, hospitality and leisure sectors which are legally required to close, and which cannot operate effectively remotely, is eligible for a grant
- £4,000 for businesses with a rateable value of £15,000 or under
- £6,000 for businesses with a rateable value between £15,000 and £51,000
- £9,000 for businesses with a rateable value of over £51,000
What other support is available?
- 100% business rates relief for retail, hospitality and leisure businesses.
- £1.1 billion existing discretionary funding for Local Authorities
- The furlough scheme is now extended to April
- 100% government backed loans, extended until March.
Deadline approaching for the third Self-Employment Income Support Scheme (SEISS) grant
The third SEISS grant covering the 3 month period from 1st November 2020 to 31st January 2021 is still open for applications, however these need to be made by 29th January 2021. The eligibility criteria is similar to that of the first two grants, with some subtle differences.
Full details on the grant and how to claim can be found on the link below:
The government has confirmed that there will be a further (fourth) SEISS grant for the following 3 months, however details on this are yet to be released.
If you cannot find the information you need, or you would like to discuss any queries you have, please do get in touch with the team.